Thursday, January 12, 2012

Over 25 Years.... where did the time go?

Twenty-five years ago, I finally got to know what it felt like to become an aunt.  Now don't get me wrong, I had been an aunt for almost 3 years by then but I didn't know about those pregnancies and I wouldn't trade those times either.  My 1st nephew was born on 1-12-1987, Robert Clayton Buck II... Know known as Robert Clayton Anderson....**I will explain later**

This was the 1st pregnancy in our family that wasn't a surprise.  I got to watch my sister's belly grow and anticipate his arrival.  He was the first boy in my family, after 5 girls and 2 granddaughters, so you know that we REALLY spoiled him!! LOL  Still do!  He is now a grown man and I couldn't be any prouder if I was mother!  He was raised by 2 great people and one of those people loved him so much that she endured a lot to make him the man he is today... That person is my sister, Kim.  I love her and her other two children, Jacob(16) and Emma(11), very much and they are all blessed to have a wonderful mother like her.  

That whole family has been through a lot this year but GOD has blessed them and loved them through their pain.  They lost Kim's Husband, Steve, in March and he has been deeply missed.  I thank GOD for Steve's presence in Robert's life when Robert needed a positive role model.  Steve entered into Kim and Robert's life when Robert was around 5 years old.  Kim was taking care of him on her own and doing a great job.  After a couple of years of dating, Steve asked Robert if he could marry his mama...December 11,1993, they became a family.  Years later, after some issues I don't want to talk about, Robert asked Steve to take his last name.  That is why he is now known as Robert Clayton Anderson.  Steve was a great father to him, Jacob, and  Emma and I am thankful for that.

I now have 6 nieces(Courtney, Sonja, Kyla, Kirsten, Emma, Ariana) and 5 nephews (Robert, Jacob, Jeremiah, Aedan, Aleks) and I am a very proud Aunt of all of them. I want them to know that I do love them and they are all special to me in their own way.  I am far away from them but if they were to EVER need me, I will be there.  I love them as if they were my own children.  I have helped raise most of them.  

Robert can now share his birthday with my good friend Celeste's new bundle born today, Major Silas Cross... 8 pounds 2 ounces, 20 inches long at 4:40pm.  Although he isn't family, he is one of many "Extra" nieces and nephews that I have accumulated from my church family.  I love all those babies and when I get a chance to see them, I try my best to be there.  I am happy to say that there are more babies to come and I can't wait.  This has been a great day for reflection and I am glad that I now have a new "family" member.

Welcome to the world Major!  We have been patiently waiting to meet you!  Happy Birthday Robert, I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment