Tuesday, January 10, 2012

10...Is it really perfect?

Why does everyone think 10 is such a perfect number?  Is it because if you add the numbers that make it, it is 1...which everyone wants to be?  You know, #1 in a race, #1 in the ratings, #1 at the box office.... so what is the big deal about 10?

OK, I will give you my theory on it.... Most human beings have 10 fingers, which means most of us can count to 10 (I'm hoping anyway), and therefore I feel that is how they came up with the phrase "The perfect 10."  Pretty simple....If you really think about it, any even number is perfect because it can be split equally.  Like our hands, five fingers on each hand and our hands are mirror images, well you get the picture.

The reason why I am bringing this up is because my manager asked us for 5 business goals and 5 personal goals for the year.  Not only do I have to make sure my customers pay, I have to sit and think about how I am going to improve my store and myself.... More pressure on me to make sure my goals are met along with making budget at my store that Corporate seems to think that I SHOULD make during the year.... I made a bucket list of 10 things I want to do this year.  Everything seems to be coming to me with "10" in it... and to top it off, today is the 10th of January....LOL  Go figure!

I don't want to be a perfect 10 because then I would have to live up to that title for the rest of my life.  I just can't see how someone can put that much of a burden on someone else.  It is hard enough to be the person we are today!  Why put that much pressure one someone to obtain perfection when it will never happen!

So let me end with this, we are all unique and wonderful so don't go and screw it up and try to be perfect for me.

That is all....well for now anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment