Tuesday, January 4, 2011

One more thing I have promised myself...

This isn't part of my New Year, New ME, but it seems like when something has been on my mind and GOD wants me to do it, I am going to get so many signs to go for, it ain't even funny.  Tomorrow, I am going to call a local college and set up an appointment with a career counselor so that I can go back to school.  It has been on my mind since my life drastically changed a couple of months ago.  I went to school for Early Childhood but didn't get to finish.  I really do feel if that is what I am supposed to do, then I would have finished it.  So I will make my appointment tomorrow so that I can start that part of my journey.  I don't know what educational path I am going to go down, but I will let you know as soon as I find out.

Another thing that I am going to work on tomorrow is my letters to the people who I need to write.  I am really not looking forward to this part but it has to be done.  I don't want to keep harboring these feelings anymore.  There are things that I need to tell these people so that I can put it behind me and move on.  They may never know what I say, but after it is written down, I know I will feel better.  I will pray over those letters and if I feel the need to send them, I will.  I am even going to start "mending fences" between people I think I have done wrong.  I am not perfect, I know that.  I think I am a good person, and I don't like to hurt people.  If you get a letter of apology from me, then I want you to know how sorry I am and hope that you can forgive me.  But if you get a letter from me and it really isn't what you want to hear, sorry but I think you need to start thinking about how you treat people. 

Ok, sorry didn't really mean to spew that on you.

I am sitting here watching The Biggest Loser and I just can't help but hurt for those people.  I know that I am not skinny and I am working on feeling better, but some of these people need to lose over 200 lbs to even reach a healthy weight or where they should be according to doctors.  It brings tears to my eyes when I hear the stories of these contestants because I hear myself in all of those stories.  I am only 4 days into this and I had a really hard day today.  For some reason, I was sooo hungry and I was to the point of ALMOST cheating... I said ALMOST.  I even thought of changing what I was going to eat today and just make up for it tomorrow, but I am on a cleanse this week. If I deviate off of the menu plan, it won't work and that is just wasted money!   The real challenge happens on Sunday when I don't have a menu planned out for me.  But after seeing what those contestants had to put up with during their workouts, I felt stupid.  They are going through Bob and Jillian's torture and I was upset about going over my calories for the day!  How selfish is that?  I am not doing any exercises right now until I finish the cleanse because with my schedule and cash flow, I am going to have to get creative because I don't live near a gym or have the money to join one.  They have the luxury of staying at a place that has a 24 hour gym and the right food there for them.  So I know I have to suck this up and do this but I am a little jealous about them having the gym.  I know that I have the right tools to do this and stick to it.  Just need to pray for strength and motivation.

I haven't set a goal weight or even set a size I want to be.  I just need to be able to look in the mirror and like what is in it.  No, LOVE what is in it and I am getting there.  I know that I will never be a size 4 and I don't want to be.  I just want to like how I look.  I know the person I am and know that the only thing wrong with me is that I don't like myself like I should.  If you can't like yourself, then how are you going to expect people to like you.  I do want to be in a relationship again, but right now I need to work on me.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Im not one of the ones that you need to write a letter to!

    ReplyDelete