Sunday, January 2, 2011

Being good....I swear!

Why is it, when you are trying your best to stick to a new "life style" plan, every commercial is about FOOD?!?!?!  It is bad enough that there is still Christmas candy here at home, but do I have to flip the channels to see all the food that I can't have!!!  I know that I can treat myself every once in a while and I will, but I don't want to be forced into cheating by what I see on TV.  They keep showing me CHOCOLATE!  But, I have NOT cheated!  When I feel tempted, I drink water.  So now I am having to incorporate this into my prayers so that I can be strong against all the "commercial demons"!!!!

I also want to know what happened to all of the TV shows?  Now I like all the competition reality TV shows(Biggest Loser, Survivor, Big Brother), but some of these shows are like train wrecks.... you can't stop watching!  My first "can't stop watching" show is My Fair Wedding.  This guy comes in 3 weeks before the wedding and changes EVERYTHING that you have already planned and paid for.  Of course, it winds up being beautiful, but shouldn't this happen like MONTHS in advance?  Not 3 weeks!  The second show is Real Housewives of Atlanta.  I know, I know... I shouldn't be admitting to this but it is so fun to see these "Housewives"(Most of them aren't even married!) show how they live here, just down the street from me.  And I thought I had DRAMA!  LOL.  I really shouldn't be watching but I can't find anything else on to keep my attention. 

The last show that I have been "focused" on, and to be quite honest I really shouldn't be "focused" on is not a reality show but a really happened show called "Snapped."  If you don't know what it is about, it is all about women who have committed the most haneous murders because they think they have been done wrong.  All I can say is...WOW!  I know I was done wrong, and thought I wanted to commit murder, but DANG!  I ain't that mad!  Some of these women have really planned these crimes to such an exstent that almost all of the shows have the police saying, "I have never heard of a woman thinking like this."  I really have had chills watching these shows.  The letters that I have to write to get things off my heart and mind really are hurtful but I don't want to have these feelings anymore.  It seems like those women harbored all those feelings for so long, it consumed their lives to the point where they thought that "getting rid" of those people would make them feel better.  I don't want to get to that point in my life where everytime I see the people that hurt me, I have such a feeling of hate that that is all I will ever feel for them.  I am so glad that I have someone in my life that I can turn to and turn all of this over to so that I can get on with my life.  Of course I am talking about my Lord and Savior, Jesus.  I have such a feeling of peace when I start to think about what I have gone through and how I have over come it, with HIS help.  I know that if I didn't have HIM in my life, I would wind up like one of those women, in jail and nothing to look forward to. 

There are a lot of things on my mind that I have to get off.  What I have to say will not be seen by the people that I have to "say" these things to.  Just getting them off my chest and on paper will let me let them go.  I might send a letter or two, but it will all depend on if I feel the need to have to send it.  I don't want you to get the feeling that I have a LIST of people that I am mad at... that isn't it at all.  There are a couple of people who I feel I need to tell how I feel so that I can get on with my life.  More than likely I will write it down, feel better and then burn the letter, releasing all the feelings.  I am just tired of always worried about what people think about me.  I know that I am a good person, and A LOT of people take advantage of that.  It may be a little late to change how I am but I am going to work on not letting people walk all over me.

I guess I have said enough today and I will sign off for now.

But, I am being good!  I SWEAR!!! :o)

1 comment:

  1. It is really hard to diet with commercials! Plus I still have the kids halloween candy and christmas candy in the house. But I dont feel like I can throw it out, since it isnt mine! I cheated and ate like....10 tootsie rolls. Wish I had your strength! I am proud of you sweetie, and hope that I am not one of the people on your "list" so to speak...lol. You inspired me to start my own blog, so feel free to check mine out too! I know I will be reading yours! :) Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete