Thursday, January 6, 2011

Gut Punch...

You wake up and think that today is going to be an "OK" kind of day.  Then you go to the mail box... Today I got summons to court.  No, not Jury Duty but something that I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with so soon.  I won't go into detail because it is a private matter, but some of my friends know and will help me get through this.  I can tell you that the outcome of this matter will either make my life a little bit better to handle or make it harder for a short while.... I am hoping for better. 

There are some things in life that you wish you never go through.  But as they say, Life always throws you curve balls.  I think I need to go to the batting cage!  In the past few months, I have had a lot of ups and downs... more downs than I wanted but I am managing just fine.  It really is hard dealing with some of the things I am going through alone but I know once I get most of these things behind me, I know I will look back and see how far I have come. 

A couple of years ago, I went through a REALLY bad, stupid time in my life and thought I would never make it out of the hole I created for myself.  I believed I was helping someone by sending them money and it turns out I was being scammed.  I thought I was smarter than that!  I thought I would never fall for any of those tricks, but GULLIBLE me fell hook, line, and sinker! But, I can safely say, I learned my lesson.  My point is, I made it through.  I found a "ladder" and got out of the hole.  So no matter what life gives you, you can make it through.  GOD never gives you any more than you can handle.  HE allows these things to happen to show you how strong you really are.

So with what I have to go through in the next couple of weeks, I know I will get through this, put it behind me, and move on.  I just hope the outcome of the court proceeding teaches someone else a lesson as well.

Now on to a little bit better news.... I have lost 8 pounds!  I am so shocked at this!  Tomorrow is the last day of my 7 day cleanse and I was supposed to have lost between 5-7 pounds.  I guess I am better than average!!! LOL!!!! I hope that after tomorrow, I will be able to maintain my calorie intake and be as productive in losing the weight like I have this week.  I had a bit of a challenge tonight when I came home from work.  I walked into the house and smelled a wonderful smell... my roommate was cooking something mouth watering!  He was making pork chops and rice.  That would have been a good meal if the chops weren't fried and the rice wasn't butter garlic flavored!!  BUT I DID NOT CAVE!  I ate my planned meal and drank my water!  And to add more salt to the wound, so to speak, he also made rice crispy treats!  But like I said, I stuck to my meal plan.  As much as I wanted to eat that great smelling food and devour the rice crispy treats, I turned my back and walked away.  I am pretty proud of myself!

So on that note... Good Night!

3 comments:

  1. Although you may look at what you went through as being scammed, a better way to look at it is as being the leading lady in a divine play. The Scarlett in God's production of Gone With the Wind. You know better than most, that everything has a reason and a purpose, even if we don't see it at the time, HE does.

    I am SO proud of you for losing 8lbs, and only hope that by your example, and support, I can shortly do the same! I know I can definitely learn a thing or two from your self control! Seeing as how I caved, and you didnt! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how you referenced GWTW and as I went to bed, I wore my Scarlett and Rhett shirt!! LOL too funny! But as you know that is my FAVORITE movie, I do feel a connection to her. If she can handle anything, SO CAN I! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it is your favorite movie, thats why I used the reference, hoping it would make you feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete